It is no mystery that dogs love food!
Everyday we learn about the benefits of providing balanced, fresh meals to our fur-companions.
While hectic schedules can make it difficult for pet parents to cook daily meals, incorporating quick, fresh fruits and veggies can really make a difference on the overall wellness of our dogs.
Some of the below are a quick wash-peel-and-feed option of readily available treats that your pet will surely enjoy.*
- Apples (remove the seeds, I like to remove the peel as well!)
- Bananas (One of my pets' favorites)
- Cherries (remove the pit!)
- Papaya (try in small quantities, some pets may get an upset stomach, if so avoid)
- Watermelon (remove rind)
- Broccoli/ Cauliflower (I prefer to steam most veggies)
- Green beans
- Boiled or baked Sweet Potatoes
- Boiled or baked Yams
- Carrots (raw, steamed, boiled. They can be a naturally sugary treat so moderation is key)
- Boiled Pumpkin
*Disclaimer: Please discuss with your veterinarian or pet food nutritionist of any changes to your pet's diet.
#championspetshop #pets #petwellness